Thursday, October 31, 2013

Brief Review of Mega Man 42

You can get it here servadacsgamedev.blogspot.ca (his most recent post at the time of this).

As always I try to give some positive points and negative points about the project:

Pros:
-Custom controls (even if I can't get them to work properly for some reason)
-Some of the music is good but a lot of it sounds like it would fit better in Mega Man DOS.

Cons:
-Slow as heck.  Some levels moved at a snails pace.  This is mainly due to the mechanics of the levels.  Zombie Man's level is a great example of this.
-Default controls:  No idea why would they be laid out in that manner.  
-Some parts totally make no sense.  If I shoot something you'd expect it to fly the direction away from the shot if I destroyed it, not directly at you.  Another example is in Zombie Man's level with the Zombie bots.  I got killed by one when I shot it and it for some nonsensical reason flew right at me instead of away like the rest of the zombies.
-Lackluster in design.  I didn't feel anything 'Mega Man' like from this game except for the later tracks of the game.  

Overall I felt it was a good attempt at a fan game but it seemed to lack a lot of things.  Overall I would recommend giving it a try and maybe you would enjoy it yet its Mega Man DOS like feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment